Celladora Photography was founded in 2011 by John Yates as a wedding photography brand for couples who find beauty in the details, and in the moments. Our brand of photography highlights a real authentic documentation of the story of each wedding we photograph. Our unique style comes from getting to know each couple on a personal basis so that we can highlight their style and not force them to fit into a cookie cutter mold.
We blend a photojournalistic approach with beautiful “un-posed” portraits to deliver a collection of timeless photographs that tell your unique love-story. We focus on relationships. Instead of conjuring up fake smile after fake smile for the camera we allow you to actually enjoy your wedding day. We want to celebrate and document one of the most important, happiest days of your life with you.
Our clients hire us because we are a team that they can trust. Couples know that we will show up early on their wedding day and worry about all the details so they don’t have to. We are known for our creative eye and attention to detail. We know that our clients expect a luxury experience and that is what we deliver. There are a lot of things to worry about on your wedding day but wondering if your photographer will capture all the important moments shouldn’t be one of them.
WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU HIRE US
– World class customer service and the experience of 10+ years of photographing weddings means we know exactly what works and how to maximize your time. We’ll give you suggestions and recommendations based on our experience and knowledge.
– Friends who are always looking out for you on your big day, checking that your hair, makeup, pocket square, beard and anything else important is looking great and in the right place.
– We’ll take charge when we need to (let’s rock those family portraits!). And at other times we blend in and document so you are never self conscious about having your photos taken.
– We’ve got an emergency kit filled with lots of stuff we hope you’ll never need on your wedding day but when someone yells “we need scissors” we’ve got you. Our goal is to help you be as stress free on your wedding day as possible
– We won’t dictate your day or force you into our vision but instead capture and celebrate yours alongside you. We are inclusive of all races, beliefs and LGBTQ. We love capturing love.
ABOUT JOHN YATES
John Yates grew up in Melbourne, FL before relocating to Nashville, TN and founding Celladora Wedding Photography. In addition to being the Founder and Lead Photographer of Celladora Wedding Photography, John also teaches workshops and college classes in photography.
When John isn’t teaching or making photographs he loves being outdoors and traveling. His travels have taken him to Italy, Iceland, Scotland, Ireland, France, Mexico and Costa Rica. He has road-tripped across the USA several times photographing many of the US National Parks.
His clients call his personal style of photography: timeless, classic, personal and relaxed. John is a photographer who loves weddings. He loves capturing moments and details on such an important day in families lives. His clients love how much fun he is to be around and that he never shies away from the dance floor.
In his free time he enjoys performing with his improv comedy group, writing, building lego sets, playing disc golf, cooking, and cheering on the Nashville Predators Hockey Team and Nashville Soccer Club.